Sanusi Lamido named Chancellor Of Kaduna State University by Governor El-Rufai
Barely Less than 24 hours after he got appointed into the board of Kaduna State Investment Promotion Authority,the former Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II has be named as the chancellor of Kaduna State University by Governor Nasir El-Rufai.
On behalf of the government and people of Kaduna State, Governor Nasir El-Rufai is delighted to appoint His Highness, Muhammadu Sanusi II as the Chancellor of the Kaduna State University,” El-rufai’s spokesperson Muyiwa Adekeye said in a statement. “In public life, His Highness has demonstrated a strong commitment to education.”
“The Kaduna State Government believes that as Chancellor, His Highness Muhammadu Sanusi, would bring a symbolic and substantive leadership as regards raising the standards of KASU as an emerging centre of learning on the national and global level.”
Recall that Kano State Government on Monday removed Sanusi as emir of Kano emirate after six years on the throne.
Secretary to the state government Usman Alhaji said the former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor sanusi was removed for “total disrespect to lawful instructions from the office of the governor and other lawful authorities.”
a later on the Kano State Government announced Aminu Ado Bayero as the new emir of Kano emirate.
While the news of Sanusi’s dethronement was greeted with mixed reactions from Nigerians, El-Rufai showed faith in the former CBN governor sanusi by appointing him into the board of the Kaduna State Investment Promotion Authority less than 24 hours after his dethronement.
“Sanusi’s appointment comes at an exciting moment for KASU which is transiting to a multicampus structure with presence across the state,” Governor El-Rufai said.
“ The state Governor Malam Nasir El-Rufai welcomes with gratitude the consent of His Highness Muhammadu Sanusi to serve as Chancellor of KASU and as Vice-Chairman of the board of KADIPA.
“The Kaduna State Government is grateful that HRH Muhammadu Sanusi II will continue to support and assist the realisation of the government objectives of Kaduna State Government.”
Sanusi will succeed His Highness, Malam Tagwai Sambo who is the pioneer chancellor of KASU, the Chief of Moro’a, was appointed to the role in 2005 until date.
Updated on March 11, 2020 at 3:14 PM and categorized under Today News Updates
- Emir of Kano: Nelson Mandela’s Third Wife, Graca Machel Writes Sanusi
- Kano State former Governor, Kwankwaso Reveals Identity of Top Politician Behind Sanusi’s Removal
- News Update: Here are photos of A two-bedroom apartment where Sanusi will reside in
- Removal Of Sanusi As Emir of Kano, presidency reacts
- ECOWAS Orders Nigeria Government to Pay Dismissed Soldier
- FG prohibits the buying of non-essential official vehicle.
- Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Wife on self – isolation as daughter test positive for Coronavirus
- Police Arrests Step-Mother in Katsina for Murder
- Lagos State – Implementation of Community policing.
- World Bank Endorsed Money for Power in Nigeria
- Culprits arrested over the demolition of Nigeria High Commission in Ghana
- Ghanaian President apologises over the destruction of Nigeria High commission.
- FG present school reopening procedures to National Assembly
- Police can’t be everywhere- IGP
- APC National Secretariat seal off by police
- Jim Nwobodo – 2023 Presidency for Ndigbo
- Federal High Court stops Obaseki from participating in PDP Governorship Primary
- 78-Years- Old Mother of Oby Ezekwesili dies
- NCDC Chikwe Ihekweazu – No State is Convid-19 free