Police can’t be everywhere- IGP
Mohammed Adamu, the inspector-General of police on Monday said the Police can’t be all over the place, simultaneously.
Adamu expressed this in Gombe during the state introduction of the Community Policing Advisory Committee, which will be co-led by the Emir of Gombe, Sheu Abubakar, and the state Police Commissioner, Maikudi Sheu.
The IGP, who was spoken to by the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, responsible for Zone 3, Haliru Gwadu, said there was no preferable time over now for network policing to initiate.
He stated, “I conside this ideal and extremely pivotal. The Nigeria Police Force has kept on stressing that while the police can’t be all over the place, our networks are found all over.
Subsequently, wellbeing and security will be better ensured when and where individuals from the networks are effectively engaged with wrongdoing anticipation and network security.
“Since the conventional presentation of network policing approach in 2004, NPF has made network policing the cardinal focal point of effective help conveyance.”
He included that the developing wrongdoing pattern justified the network policing system which, as indicated by him, is resident focused.
On his part, Gombe State Governor, Inuwa Yahaya, said security is exceptionally basic taking note of that without it, political agitation will set in.
“The arrangement of security is the main need of every legislature since when there is security, you can ensure that lives will be secured and organizations will be continued. We stay engaged undoubtedly,” Yahaya said.
Updated on June 23, 2020 at 2:52 PM and categorized under Today News Updates
- ECOWAS Orders Nigeria Government to Pay Dismissed Soldier
- FG prohibits the buying of non-essential official vehicle.
- Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Wife on self – isolation as daughter test positive for Coronavirus
- Police Arrests Step-Mother in Katsina for Murder
- Lagos State – Implementation of Community policing.
- World Bank Endorsed Money for Power in Nigeria
- Culprits arrested over the demolition of Nigeria High Commission in Ghana
- Ghanaian President apologises over the destruction of Nigeria High commission.
- FG present school reopening procedures to National Assembly
- APC National Secretariat seal off by police
- Jim Nwobodo – 2023 Presidency for Ndigbo
- Federal High Court stops Obaseki from participating in PDP Governorship Primary
- 78-Years- Old Mother of Oby Ezekwesili dies
- NCDC Chikwe Ihekweazu – No State is Convid-19 free
- 55- Years- Man killed in Imo State.