Former President Obasanjo Speaks As Sanusi is Removed As Emir of Kano
former President Olusegun Obasanjo broken his silence as regards the dethronement of Sanusi as Emir of Kano. Remember that the state Governor Abdullahi Ganduje-led governement on Monday dethroned Sanusi as Emir of Kano on bases of being disrespectful to lawful authorities.
Reacting to the dethronement of Sanusi as Emir the past president Obasanjo in a statement signed by the former president on Monday, he said Sanusi’s dethronment was good and bad.
According to him, the dethronment was good as the former Emir Sanusi has paid the price.
In a statement, shared by Senator Dino Melaye on Twitter quotes, “I woke up this morning and after my morning exercise and meeting with my staff, I heard the sad and good news of your removal by the Executive Counicl of the Kano State Government.
“It is sad because it is underserved, it is good because you have paid the price. My prayer is that God should give you the fortitude and the courage to continue in the path that you have chosen for yourself in the best interest of our country and humanity.
“Please accept, Your Royal Highness the assurance of my highest consideration.”
Meanwhile,the son of late Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, Aminu Ado Bayero was immediately named as the 15th Fulani Emir of the state yesterday.
Updated on March 10, 2020 at 10:00 AM and categorized under Today News Updates
- ECOWAS Orders Nigeria Government to Pay Dismissed Soldier
- FG prohibits the buying of non-essential official vehicle.
- Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Wife on self – isolation as daughter test positive for Coronavirus
- Police Arrests Step-Mother in Katsina for Murder
- Lagos State – Implementation of Community policing.
- World Bank Endorsed Money for Power in Nigeria
- Culprits arrested over the demolition of Nigeria High Commission in Ghana
- Ghanaian President apologises over the destruction of Nigeria High commission.
- FG present school reopening procedures to National Assembly
- Police can’t be everywhere- IGP
- APC National Secretariat seal off by police
- Jim Nwobodo – 2023 Presidency for Ndigbo
- Federal High Court stops Obaseki from participating in PDP Governorship Primary
- 78-Years- Old Mother of Oby Ezekwesili dies
- NCDC Chikwe Ihekweazu – No State is Convid-19 free