FG prohibits the buying of non-essential official vehicle.
The government has restricted non-basic and managerial capital spending, including the acquisition of vehicles as a major aspect of its arrangement to reduce down expense of administration.
In a report named “What you have to think about the Nigeria Economic Sustainability Plan”, Femi Adeshina recorded eight key mediations contained in the sustainability report. He likewise revealed that the NESP is trying to extend the social investment programs (SIPs).
The report which was intended to help the economy notwithstanding the interruptions and difficulties of the COVID-19 pandemic, was created by the Economic Sustainability Committee (ESC) led by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo and set up by President Muhammadu Buhar.
Making further explanation on the prohibition, Adesina said ambulances, fire service vehicles and different fundamentals were absolved from the restriction on the acquisition of vehicles.
He said ;
“The president has approved the implementation of the Report on the Rationalization of government agencies. The NESP will also target a reduction in average production costs of crude oil. Also, the Integrated Personnel and Payment Information System (IPPIS) will be expanded to cover all Federal Government MDAs.
“Non-critical and administrative capital spending will be eliminated, including purchase of vehicles (except for ambulances, fire-fighting vehicles and other essentials).
“The implementation of the NESP will see an increase in the number of cash transfer beneficiaries, N-Power volunteers and sundry traders enjoying small and micro loans through the MarketMoni and TraderMoni schemes.
“The pre-existing conditional cash transfer will also be extended to cover a larger number of extremely poor and vulnerable Nigerians.
“It also provides for the negotiation of suspension of ISPO payments by States, moratorium on deductions in respect of bailout loans, and encourages States to attain the conditions outlined by SIFTAS and other World Bank programmes, in order to access external support.
“The ESC will also monitor implementation of the Plan while the Vice President will regularly brief the President on progress made.”
Updated on June 26, 2020 at 2:26 PM and categorized under Today News Updates
- ECOWAS Orders Nigeria Government to Pay Dismissed Soldier
- Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Wife on self – isolation as daughter test positive for Coronavirus
- Police Arrests Step-Mother in Katsina for Murder
- Lagos State – Implementation of Community policing.
- World Bank Endorsed Money for Power in Nigeria
- Culprits arrested over the demolition of Nigeria High Commission in Ghana
- Ghanaian President apologises over the destruction of Nigeria High commission.
- FG present school reopening procedures to National Assembly
- Police can’t be everywhere- IGP
- APC National Secretariat seal off by police
- Jim Nwobodo – 2023 Presidency for Ndigbo
- Federal High Court stops Obaseki from participating in PDP Governorship Primary
- 78-Years- Old Mother of Oby Ezekwesili dies
- NCDC Chikwe Ihekweazu – No State is Convid-19 free
- 55- Years- Man killed in Imo State.