Federal High Court stops Obaseki from participating in PDP Governorship Primary
The Federal High Court has stopped the governor of Edo state, Obaseki from participating in PDP Governorship primary election.
P.M News report state:
“Trouble looms for Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki, as a Federal High Court on Monday, June 22, stopped him from taking part in the PDP governorship primary”.
On June 19, the people democratic party had announced the waiver of governor Obaseki who joined the party, Obaseki was screened by the party’s committee on Saturday, June 20, to enable him to participate in the party’s primary election.
The party’s national chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, PDP, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), chairman of the party screening committee, Kingsley Chinda, other members of the committee, and Obaseki were listed as defendants in the case.
The Federal High Court in Port Harcourt banned the newest member of the PDP from participating in the party’s primary election scheduled for Thursday, June 25 by Justice E.A Obile.
Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama filed the motion of the opposition seeking a court order to stop PDP national chairman Uche secondus and the party from allowing Obaseki to buy the form from the Edo state governorship primary election.
Updated on June 23, 2020 at 11:13 AM and categorized under Today News Updates
- ECOWAS Orders Nigeria Government to Pay Dismissed Soldier
- FG prohibits the buying of non-essential official vehicle.
- Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Wife on self – isolation as daughter test positive for Coronavirus
- Police Arrests Step-Mother in Katsina for Murder
- Lagos State – Implementation of Community policing.
- World Bank Endorsed Money for Power in Nigeria
- Culprits arrested over the demolition of Nigeria High Commission in Ghana
- Ghanaian President apologises over the destruction of Nigeria High commission.
- FG present school reopening procedures to National Assembly
- Police can’t be everywhere- IGP
- APC National Secretariat seal off by police
- Jim Nwobodo – 2023 Presidency for Ndigbo
- 78-Years- Old Mother of Oby Ezekwesili dies
- NCDC Chikwe Ihekweazu – No State is Convid-19 free
- 55- Years- Man killed in Imo State.