Disrespecting a governor not a criminal offence – Apostle Suleman says he questions Sanusi’s detainment after being ousted
Apostle Johnson Suleman has reacts to the dethronement and banishment of Sanusi as the Emir of Kano by Governor Abdullahi Ganduje led Government.
Recollect that Emir Sanusi’s removal was confirmed on Monday March 9 by Secretary tovState Government, Usman Alhaji who reported that he (Sanusi) disrespected the lawful instructions from the office of the Governor and lawful authorities of the state Government. The ousted Emir was also accused of deliberately refusing to attend official meetings and functions organized by the state Government without any lawful claims.
Following the removal of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Governor Ganduje had since appointed one of the sons of late Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, Aminu Ado Bayero as the 15th Fulani Emir of the state.
Apostle suleman reactions and tweets:
“I can understand the dethronment of the former emir of kano.what I dont understand is the detention.over what?a governor has right to depose a traditional ruler but has no right to detain anyone who has not committed an offence.disrespecting a governor is not a criminal offence”
Updated on March 11, 2020 at 10:33 AM and categorized under Today News Updates
- ECOWAS Orders Nigeria Government to Pay Dismissed Soldier
- FG prohibits the buying of non-essential official vehicle.
- Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Wife on self – isolation as daughter test positive for Coronavirus
- Police Arrests Step-Mother in Katsina for Murder
- Lagos State – Implementation of Community policing.
- World Bank Endorsed Money for Power in Nigeria
- Culprits arrested over the demolition of Nigeria High Commission in Ghana
- Ghanaian President apologises over the destruction of Nigeria High commission.
- FG present school reopening procedures to National Assembly
- Police can’t be everywhere- IGP
- APC National Secretariat seal off by police
- Jim Nwobodo – 2023 Presidency for Ndigbo
- Federal High Court stops Obaseki from participating in PDP Governorship Primary
- 78-Years- Old Mother of Oby Ezekwesili dies
- NCDC Chikwe Ihekweazu – No State is Convid-19 free