Breaking!!! FG Says ASUU Strike Illegal
The Federal Government says that the ongoing two-weeks warning strike undertaken by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is illegal.
The federal Government claims that ASUU did not follow proper course of action before the ongoing industrial action by the Union.
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, gave a statement on the
federal government’s position as regards the ongoing industrial actionbin Abuja after the Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday.
He went further to state that ASUU did not give “mandatory notice” required of any union to proceeding on a strike.
The minister said that: Read Below
“I am in shock. The strike is illegal because they did not give us the mandatory notice.
“If you withdraw services and you still want to be paid, it is corruption. Is that not corruption?”
Updated on March 12, 2020 at 10:31 AM and categorized under Today News Updates
- ECOWAS Orders Nigeria Government to Pay Dismissed Soldier
- FG prohibits the buying of non-essential official vehicle.
- Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Wife on self – isolation as daughter test positive for Coronavirus
- Police Arrests Step-Mother in Katsina for Murder
- Lagos State – Implementation of Community policing.
- World Bank Endorsed Money for Power in Nigeria
- Culprits arrested over the demolition of Nigeria High Commission in Ghana
- Ghanaian President apologises over the destruction of Nigeria High commission.
- FG present school reopening procedures to National Assembly
- Police can’t be everywhere- IGP
- APC National Secretariat seal off by police
- Jim Nwobodo – 2023 Presidency for Ndigbo
- Federal High Court stops Obaseki from participating in PDP Governorship Primary
- 78-Years- Old Mother of Oby Ezekwesili dies
- NCDC Chikwe Ihekweazu – No State is Convid-19 free