Bad News!!! Amaechi Reveals How Coronavirus Is Affecting Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project
Nigeria’s Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and past Governor of Rivers State, claims that the outbreak of Coronavirus has affecting the completion of Lagos-Ibadan expressway.
Amaechi stated this on today Wednesday, while speaking at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) consultative round table.
The past Governor of Rivers state said the contractors handling the project, are all employees of the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC).
Amaechi said most of those involved, have been quarantined after travelling for their New Year celebration.
“Lagos-Ibadan should be ready in May But Unfortunately, nearly all of them that traveled for their New Year were quarantined by their government.
“Their government said they can’t come back until they find a solution to the Coronavirus, he added.
He went further to say that, “It is only those who didn’t travel that are here and therefore the speed of the construction has reduced.
Updated on March 11, 2020 at 5:10 PM and categorized under Today News Updates
- Coronavirus: Patoranking Advises Nigerians to Stay Safe
- Piers Morgan criticizes Trump’s travel ban on 26 European countries owing to coronavirus
- Dangote says he Lost over N240 Billion In Five Hours over Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Trump Suspends Trip out of Europe To US
- Air Canada Suspends All Flights operations To Italy Over Coronavirus
- Coronavirus, Uche Jombo advises Nigerians To Educate Their self
- News Alert !! Lagos Government Declares 2 Wanted Over Coronavirus
- ECOWAS Orders Nigeria Government to Pay Dismissed Soldier
- FG prohibits the buying of non-essential official vehicle.
- Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Wife on self – isolation as daughter test positive for Coronavirus
- Police Arrests Step-Mother in Katsina for Murder
- Lagos State – Implementation of Community policing.
- World Bank Endorsed Money for Power in Nigeria
- Culprits arrested over the demolition of Nigeria High Commission in Ghana
- Ghanaian President apologises over the destruction of Nigeria High commission.
- FG present school reopening procedures to National Assembly
- Police can’t be everywhere- IGP
- APC National Secretariat seal off by police
- Jim Nwobodo – 2023 Presidency for Ndigbo
- Federal High Court stops Obaseki from participating in PDP Governorship Primary
- 78-Years- Old Mother of Oby Ezekwesili dies
- NCDC Chikwe Ihekweazu – No State is Convid-19 free